Friday, January 1, 2010

Wooden Snowboard (Strings Attatched)







My awesome wife bought me a Snurfer for Christmas.
Our oldest son Oscar is 9, and he really, really wanted to try out the snurfer. I had to explain to him how it's an antique, and needs to be treated gently, and we can't treat it like we would some other less historically rooted snow sled. I told him that we could really only ride it once in a blue moon, which is a phrase I NEVER use. He actually didn't know what the hell I was talking about, so I had to explain that a "blue moon" is when you get two full moons in one month, which is pretty rare. This was Wednesday. Come to find out, Thursday, New Year's Eve, was a full moon, and it was the second one this December...A Blue Goddamn Moon, and I had no idea! When I told Oscar about this amazing timing, his reply was: "Sweet! So we get to ride the Snurfer?" So we did.
Manufactured, by the way, by the Brunswick Corporation, who also brought to us the electronic bowling score tallier(sp?) as well asBayliner, Boston Whaler, Maxum, Sea Ray, and Trophy boats and yachts. Invented by Sherman Poppen in the middle sixties. If not for him I would have a different set of friends, and probably a different, less amazing and beautiful wife. Maybe I would have gotten really into ceramics or something, I mean who the hell knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment